September 18, 2011

Waiting for the Storm to Pass!

Last week we found out some really bad news for our family. My mother who is an amazing women found out she had Renal Cell Carcinoma Stage 2. This cancer is incurable if you catch it to late. So they sent her for many tests. I have had many many people who are just amazing praying for our family. She had a bone scan and chest x rays and all came back clear so it has not spread. Your kidney is about 12 cm and her tumor that is attached to her kidney is almost 15 cm. Wow talk about huge! The doctor said that she probably had this for years. The first doctor she went to knew she was losing blood somehow for a few years now but he is a fruit and I will not go back to him. So finally he sent her to another doctor and now she is on her 3rd doctor. She has one more test to map out her viens and how her blood if flowing to the tumor, then is surgery. They will remove the kidney and tumor and I am itching for her to get it out. I plan on being by her side to help as much as possible, I have some pretty good bosses so they will help out when they can.
My mother has been my rock and had always been there for me through everything. Now it is mine and my sisters turn to be her rock and I know I can do it. I am such an emotional preson it sometimes is very hard to hold the tears back. She is amaazing and I know God will take care of her through surgery and recovery. God can do amazing things and I put Every ounce of my faith in him to help our family through this rough patch in our lives.
No one prepares you for everything you must face in life but I believe you learn through all your experiences and my family will get through this.
My mother is a fighter and she is going to do fine so please keep her in your prayers.

No comments: