September 25, 2011

God is AMAZING!

Okay so to start I have an update about my beautiful Momma. She was diagnosed with Renal Cell carcinoma about 2 1/2 weeks ago and let me tell you that was a shock that none of the famliy was ready for AT ALL. She has been going to a doctor who I will refrain from names who I will have to say has lost his touch if her ever had any at all. I hate to say that but it is true. So needless to say eventually he got the hint and sent her to a doctor that was better equipped.
The day we found out was awful and since I didn't know much about it then I was totally freaked out. But as a few days went on I heard more and more sucess stories, but you never forget the possibilities. So there were testing and testing and more testing on my poor momma who was feeling awful anyways and then having to be stucked and poked I just wish it could have been me going through the pain instead of her.
So anyways her surgery was last Thurday and we were all at the hospital waiting and waiting and some more waiting. It seemed like the longest day in my whole entire life. The doctor started cutting at 12:15 pm and we were told the surgery would take at least 4 hours, so you can imagine after an hour and a half when they told us the doctor needed to see us we were a little freaked out. Most people would say less time is better but in this case with all the blood loss she already had we were a tad worried. So in comes poor Dr. Tuerkirst, he probaly thought we were one nutty family, He told us the surgery was a breeze and she hardly lost any blood. WOW AMAZING GOD! All my sister and I could do was burst into tears. Then he tell us that he also had to take her gall bladder out as well, talk about a 2 for 1 special!
So she obviously has a long road to recovery but that is what we are for and my momma means the world to me and I will always be there for her no matter what. She is recovering very well, very tired but all I can say is that God is truly amazing and prayers are answered everyday.
I am so thankful to the family and some of my very close friends who have stood by my side and my families. It is amazing in times like these how close it brings some people and some not so much. My mom is on her way to feeling like herself again and she is CANCER FREE!!!!!
Life is amazing and my family is great, and I havae the best friends I could ask for. My mom is doing great and we got to spend the weekend with my husband what a blessed weekend. Glad to see the weekend come to a close on such a good note because it is one more day till my mom is recovered but sad in some ways because it is hard to say good bye to my husband for another month. I can't say that is has gotten easier at all. We have established a routine but it is really hard coming home alone. Yes I know I have my sweet girl but it is still lonely. Well off to get some sleep so I can be well rested to take care of 6 of the most sweetest babies ever tomorrow.

No comments: