March 20, 2012

Babies, Shots and Marriage!!

I have to tell this funny story about O and my niece D.  So D’s teacher at the preschool pulled me aside and told me that D started crying because O told her “When you get married you have to get a shot".  I just rolled my eyes and figured well I guess I will call my sis and do some damage control to prepare her. 

Well I was too late.  The phone rang and it was her.  She started to say something and I knew exactly what it was.  We both had a really good laugh but I think my poor niece is NEVER getting married or having kids. 

On the way home I asked O why she said that and why do you have to get a shot?  She said well you have to take the baby out of your tummy.  Now she does know that I had a C-section with her and how it worked and I even showed her the scar.  But I told her today that babies don’t always come out that way.  Which in turn opened up a new can! Luckily I easily changed the subject and told her to quit teaching other kids and scaring the poop out of them. 

I am all about being honest about the birds and the bee’s but let’s get real, girls are having sex at like 10 years old, so I wanna keep my child as dumb to that subject as possible.  I called my mom on some advice because let’s face it I am gonna have to ask the doctor for some medicinal help when that time comes.  I have to be honest my drugs are not quit strong enough. 

I never actually remember having “The Talk” with my mom but she said we did.  And I have to say it was a bit awkward even at 30 talking about it.  I am a really open person and usually can talk about anything to anyone.  You ask I will usually not hold back.  My mom said that when I was younger and started riding the bus I came home with a torn out picture out of a playboy.  What the Hell!  She said some kid on the bus stuffed it in my bag and I didn’t see it.  How freaking funny! 

I told her that I AM NOT looking forward to the SEX talk.  I told her dad that he could handle it but I am not sure that is a good idea either.  I already worry about what age should I crush up the birth control in her mashed potatoes.  JUST KIDDING! 

Well I am sure when the time comes I will bite the bullet and answer her questions but for now I am not going that direction.

Signing Off,

Jeanna,

No comments: