March 25, 2012

It’s more like See You Later!

So Saturday was a very solemn day, We laid my Uncle Wayne to rest at 60 years and 9 months.  This is the part of growing up that I absolutely HATE. 

He was one amazing man of God and I am very privileged to have had him as my uncle.  He was an amazing husband and one heck of a dad.  

I remember some of the times at his  house when I was young and Brad (his youngest) and I were just a few months apart.  Being the stinker I was when I was little pushed him down the stairs.  Sorry Brad! I always loved going to visit and my parents were very big on making the effort to visit all of the family. That is something I have lost touch of and I  WANT IT BACK.  I am going to make the effort to visit and spend more time with them.  I live in the same town and still only see them maybe twice a year.  Shame on me!

I know he isn’t in pain anymore and he is watching over us and will always.  I know we will all be together again someday walking the streets' of gold!

One thing I will always remember from the service was “It is not Good Bye but See You Later”.  I truly believe that statement.  The other was a question, How Close to God are you right NOW?  Not how close you want to be or how close you use to be but NOW!  That really hit home to me.  Being raised as a Baptist and in a church. I feel like I am harming my child by not taking her. 

I hope that I can find a church where I want to bring my daughter to learn about God and the word. 

I decided that it was a good idea to take my 7 year old with me to the funeral.  I wasn’t sure if it was the right choice and prayed about what to do.  I was probably 14 or so my first one that I remember and I was traumatized and still to this day hate them, as everyone does. 

O did wonderful and could not have asked for a better child, yes she shed many tears for I think this was the first realization that everyone has to pass at some point in life and you have to make a decision where you will be after your last breath. 

I then at the last minute decided I needed to see M so I borrowed some clothes from my momma and stopped at jcpenny and got O an outfit and me some underwear and headed to Alma.  I was very emotional because my cousin Brad Whispered something that broke my sister and I as we were saying our last respects.  He told us that we had our own scare with my mom a few months back and not to take it for granted.  I feel like life is flying and we just don’t slow down to see the really important things. 

It hit home because they caught my moms just in time and I am afraid it they would have waited another week or so we would have lost her.  In that process I realized what was important. I also realized who my true friends were and hate to say I think I lost a few that thought their life was more important than me almost losing my mom. 

I love my family and my extended family of friends.  So I never like to say “Good Bye” but I can manage a “See you later”.

So Uncle Wayne I will see you at the pearly gates and I expect you to be there with a big ole bear hug that you are so good at!

Signing off

Jeanna Marie

No comments: