January 21, 2012

Weekend Getaway and Addictions!

Okay so this weekend was so much needed time away from Mtn. Home and I always feel guilty when I say I need a break. I have an amazing Mother and MIL that took my girl for the weekend and I am so ready to get back tomorrow and get a big hug. I will say i don't see me leaving town without her anytime soon. But I feel it is always good for a marriage to have some time to make for each other. I miss my husband when he is gone and it sounds funny but I feel like we are closer than ever with each other. We both have webcams and video chat every night and say prayers which makes him being gone a bit easier.
On to our weekend, I arrived after a 3 hour drive to Alma, AR. I had no trouble what so ever and then I get to a little town of Alma and turned the wrong direction and had to turn around. When I got to the hotel Mike's (Matt's boss) truck was having some problems. So I followed Matt to the mechanic's shop to drop it off. Which worked out for me bc they got to take off work saturday so we headed into ft. Smith to shop. He took me to the mall which we just walked through and left. We hit Best buy to find something to make his computer faster cause it is sooooo slow. Then we hit Target which I LOVE ME SOME TARGET! Got my girl some treats for valentines Day. I also got her some goodies for her classmates for V-Day as well. Then we came back and I fell asleep till 6 PM and Matt woke me up and asked if I wanted to go eat dinner, so that is what we did. Luckily Crackle Barrel is right next door so we walked and had a good dinner. I ordered a 10 oz steak, which was freaking huge but that is all they had. I ate about half and was busting at the seems. So I have had a wonderful weekend with my husband but I am ready to go home and hug my baby girl.
So this past week at work everyone seems to be getting sick, and I am bound a determined I WILL NOT GET SICK! So I have found these amazing smoothies, they are called Naked and I went to walmart and got a few to get me thru the weekend. I Heart them so much. You would think it was nasty aanad some are, but I got one that has 5 different kinds of fruit, some brocolli, spinich, wheat grass, and a bunch of other weird stuff but it was sooooo good. My new idea is i am going to drink one for breakfast and lunch, then have a good dinner and get this weight off. Well I better go enjoy my last night before I head home. This has been a good weekend and I will be back, Matt has one more week of hauling and then we will be back to visit daddy.

No comments: